Sunday, January 25, 2015

Peer Review: Ancient Civilization



Nicole Kopsias- I think Nicole shows great examples of architecture in famous monuments as well as current applications. She describes what they are, why they are important and the materials that the Egyptians utilized.  Adding in information about the Mesopotamian and their architecture helps us to link the two peoples together. It is interesting how similar their methods of building are and also their different styles. I also like that she included the Mesopotamian architectural accomplishments because we did not cover them in class and it is interesting to know. I also enjoyed the video.

Samantha Marnell: I like that Samantha revisited the fact that architecture played a role in distinguishing types of social classes. She talks about the importance of trade, because of the Egyptian’s location it, it was essential for them to have access to other materials and the river made it very possible to trade and communicate with other people. She also talks about how important their religion is to them and it shows in life, architecture, and in their tombs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment